ART Nurse at THPS Shinyanga
|Job Title||ART Nurse|
|Industry||Private Sector (NGOs)|
|Deadline||November 10, 2023|
JOB LOCATION: Old Shinyanga Dispensary & Ibadakuli Dispensary.
To ensure implementation and reporting of high-quality HIV services and retention at the facility in accordance with facility, District, Regional, Government, and PEPFAR guidance.
The Clinician will have the profile role to coordinate facility staff and other THPS support staff that directly implement the segments of the three 95 cascades. At CTC, they will lead ART Initiation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure provision of clinical services at CTC to all clients on a daily basis from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Facilitate a few selected weekend and evening clinics, especially for stable clients’ drug pick-up.
- Ensure the files of the expected clients are retrieved a day before and traced according to the three boxes initiative.
- Manage triage of attendees.
- Ensure the facility meets its target on new clients on HIV treatment through the availability of high-quality HIV testing and linkage services in the facility, including Linkage Case Management, Index testing, PITC, etc.
- Ensure the facility meets its target on the number of clients on treatment by strengthening adherence and retention to care through the provision of friendly services, tracing of defaulters, and returning them to care.
- Ensure all CTC clients are initiated and complete on Isoniazid Preventive therapy.
- Ensure 75% of CTC clients are on six months ART multi-scripting and three-monthly dispensing.
- Ensure 85% of CTC clients are switched to Dolutegravir-based regimen.
- Facilitate capacity building among facility staff on various updates on HIV interventions.
- Facilitate coordination of all Ql meeting in the facility.
- Communicate closely with District, Regional, and Headquarters THPS staff to ensure smooth uninterrupted availability of HIV interventions in your facility.
- Facilitate daily review of CTC activities for improvement in the following day(s) and correction of gaps.
- Support Peer Educators and Data Clerks to ensure they implement their activities accurately and timely.
- Participate in facility and THPS lead data review meetings.
- Ensure the TV is on and clients are getting the intended messages.
- Facilitate accurate and timely data collection and submission at your facility on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis with minimal or no support from THPS staff.
- Conduct any other HIV related work at the facility as will be instructed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be an Enrolled Nurse.
- Must have a valid practice license.
- Knowledge of computers will be an added advantage (MS Word, Excel, PPT).
- At least three years of experience working with HIV/AIDS programs at CTC.
- Capable of implementing the duties described above independently or as instructed by the supervisor.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English.
How to Apply
All interested candidates to apply for ART Nurse at THPS Shinyanga can send their application letters and CVs to the following address:
SHINYANGA MUNICIPAL COUNCIL,
P.O. BOX 28,
Submit your application before 10th November 2023