Job Opportunities for Clinical Officers at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
|Job Title||Clinical Officer|
|Employer||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Industry||Private Sector (NGOs)|
|Deadline||November 22, 2023|
The Clinical Officer plays a crucial role in health programs in the Kigoma Region, contributing to high-quality primary healthcare services.
Responsibilities include clinical care, operational support, and collaboration with key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Health Care Service
- Conduct history taking, physical examinations, and order laboratory investigations.
- Promote rational drug use following MOH treatment guidelines.
- Provide GBV services at OPD.
- Attend emergencies, recommend referrals, and ensure documentation of observations and treatments.
- Enhance patient experiences through counseling and health talks.
- Contribute to the development of an evidence-based medical system.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy team to handle essential drugs and ensure rational use.
- Implement pharmacovigilance on general outpatient drugs.
- Collaborate with the laboratory staff for timely and accurate investigations.
- Participate in on-the-job training for health staff at health posts.
- Assist in preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Clinical Officer in Charge
- Position directly supervises: Laboratory Technician, Enrolled and Registered Nurse
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical medicine.
- Registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika with a valid practicing license.
- Over two (2) years of experience in a health facility.
- Knowledge of communicable diseases management is crucial.
- Experience in Humanitarian populations is desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Strong clinical skills.
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with resilience, compassion, and diplomacy.
- Good analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Language: English and Swahili
Security level yellow – The situation in most of the country is calm. Some parts of Kigoma region experience insecurity-highway banditry.
Adherence to IRC Way values and principles, including Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Policies on Beneficiary Protection, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation are enforced.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity
IRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, encouraging applications from candidates contributing to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for individuals with disabilities during the application process and employment.
How to Apply
Feel free to submit your application through the IRC Recruitment Portal using the link provided.
The deadline for this application is November 22, 2023