Pharmaceutical Technicians Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
|Job Title||Pharmaceutical Technician|
|Employer||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Industry||Private Sector (NGOs)|
|Deadline||November 22, 2023|
The Pharmaceutical Technician will be an integral part of the health programs in the Kigoma Region, contributing to the delivery of high-quality primary healthcare services.
They will be responsible for managing and providing pharmaceutical drugs to patients as per their prescription from the clinical officer, they will also ensure that there is a constant supply of drugs and make requisitions as needed.
They will have an overall duty of assisting in operational and programmatic aspects and collaborating closely with key actors in the field including the Ministry of Health, UN agencies, and other NGOs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Dispensing and Patient Interaction
- Dispense prescribed medication to patients as per the doctor’s order, ensuring accurate measurement, packaging, and labeling.
- Provide patient counseling about medication usage, potential side effects, precautions, and answer relevant queries.
- Handle medication and pharmaceutical supplies inventory, ensuring accurate storage, adequate stock, and adherence to expiration dates.
- Select drugs and supplies in relation to available diagnosis data in the registry.
Record Keeping and Administrative Duties
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient and medication records, stock status, and ensuring adherence to healthcare regulations and patient safety.
- Coordinating shipments for smooth pharmacy operations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date consumption data in order to establish maximum – minimum inventory control systems.
- Collaborate closely with pharmacists, doctors, and other healthcare professionals, communicating important information about medication usage, contraindications, and potential drug interactions.
Compliance and Safety
- Ensure adherence to local, state, and federal laws, and the specific rules and regulations of the health post or pharmacy.
- Maintain compliance with health and safety regulations in the workplace, including maintaining cleanliness and safety in the dispensary area.
- Continuing Education
- Stay updated with the latest information in the pharmaceutical industry, participating in relevant workshops, training programs, and continuous education initiatives as necessary.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Pharmacist and Clinical Officer in Charge
- Position directly supervises:
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: Ministry of Health, UN agencies, and other NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Registered with the Pharmacist Council of Tanzania and possess a valid practicing license.
- Over two (2) years working experience working in a health facility.
- Experience in Humanitarian populations is desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Strong clinical skills.
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying resilience, compassion, and diplomacy.
- Active teammate with good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Language: English and Swahili
Working Environment: Security level yellow – The situation in most of the country is calm. Some parts of Kigoma region experience insecurity-highway banditry.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
How to Apply
To pursue this opportunity, kindly submit your application through the IRC Recruitment Portal using the link provided below.
The deadline for receiving applications is November 22, 2023