/ Coordinator at NACOPHA May, 2023 / Ajira za Afya / Ajira za Wataalamu wa Afya / NACOPHA Tanzania / Wataalamu wa Afya /
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a national Non-Governmental Organization responsible for coordinating efforts and contribution of people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the national HIV response in mainland Tanzania.
Among priority interventions, NACOPHA implements strategies to address stigma and discrimination challenges faced by PLHIV. Coordinator at NACOPHA May, 2023
This is in-line with the recommendations given by the Stigma Index tool, a unique, participatory research that empowers people and communities most affected by HIV to collect feedback that helps to understand the impact of stigma and discrimination on the lives of PLHIV.
The results of this research are used to inform policy and programmatic change to address HIV-related stigma nationally. Coordinator at NACOPHA May, 2023
Stigma Index Study 2.0 was established in 2018 and is coordinated by an international partnership of the International Community of Women Living with HIV (ICW) and the Global Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (GNP+) and the Joint United Nations Program on HIV/ AIDS (UNAIDS).
NACOPHA is mandated by the International Partnership to lead and coordinate implementation. NACOPHA is looking to recruit a self-driven and competent candidate to fill the position of Stigma Index Study 2.0 Coordinator.
This is a position with an initial 6-month contract with the incumbent to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include
- Lead the implementation of the PLHIV Stigma Index and ensure collaboration among stakeholders based on the principles of accountability, transparency, and mutual respect.
- Guide implementation of PLHIV Stigma Index based on established standards and principles
- Provide technical support in development of advocacy plan, implementation of evidence-based advocacy based on the findings for influencing policy change and protecting rights of PLHIV
- Setting up, coordinating and documenting Steering Committee meetings
- Managing the implementing team and providing technical assistance in the implementation
- The incumbent shall be from and with experience of working with communities of people living with HIV.
- He/she will be a holder of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Health, Sociology or equivalent with practical experience in health policy, research, and advocacy expertise.
- He/she will have a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience working on HIV, human rights issues/stigma and experience in conducting community-led research.
- He/she will have strong technical writing, presentation and communication skills with excellent written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application letters supported with up-to-date CV indicating three referees, copy of relevant and certified academic certificates addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, National Council of People Living with HIV in Tanzania (NACOPHA), P. 0. Box. 55811, Dar es Salaam or via E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is Monday, 30th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
More Healthcare Professionals Jobs Click Here
Follow us Telegram