/ Prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) Officer / CSSC Jobs / Wataalamu wa Afya / Ajira za Afya /
CSSC has been awarded a 5-year Grant by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the project known as Comprehensive Child Centered Care and Services (C4S).
The overall goal of the project is to ensure health facilities in priority areas provide high quality integrated pediatric HIV services and that children and adolescents are able to access comprehensive health and other services.
Specifically, this project will provide technical assistance to end mother-to-child-transmission of HIV (eMTCT) by supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and their HIV-exposed infants (HEI), close the HIV treatment gap for children and adolescents living with HIV (C/ALHIV) and drive TB elimination and well-being for C/ALHIV in Tanzania.
The project will ensure the continued delivery of HIV services for PBFW, HEI, and C/ALHIV at two pediatric centers of excellence (COE) and support these COEs to serve as hubs for service delivery and clinical capacity building.
This project will advance support to the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to end HIV and TB among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years old and inform policy decisions and discussions at the national level with the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders and will coordinate implementation
Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) Officer (2) Posts
Job title:PMTCT/EID officerDirect Supervisor:PMTCT LeadLocation:Dar es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of PMTCT/EID activities at the regional level
- In collaboration with Regional IPs and R/CHMTs Plan, organize and implement PMTCT/EID activities in the project regions
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning department to regularly monitor progress towards PMTCT/EID targets, to strengthen the documentation and reporting of /on the PMTCT/EID cascade
- Work within the regional IPs teams on identifying and addressing region specific PMTCT/EID issues, especially HIV, TB and early childhood development, family planning, gender and violence against children, while observing child safeguarding principles
- Strengthen the implementation of mother mentors’ approach across the supported regions
- Implement, monitor, evaluate and report different initiatives and client centered service delivery models, including quality improvement methodologies
- Participate in coordination of mentorship program at different levels in the region including inter-facility learning exchange sessions
- Coordinate pediatric and youth services in the region, including AGYW, ASRH and CECAP for adolescent girls
Pediatric PMTCT/EID capacity building of HCPs and other stakeholders
- Facilitate and participate in trainings to build capacity of HCP on PMTCT/EID care and services
- Assist in addressing site specific needs by direct didactic training and mentoring
- Coordinate and supervise the roll out and implementation of new guidelines, ARV regimens recommendations/circulars or any changes as guided by the MOH
- Conduct site assessment to identify gaps and needs, and address them, including morbidity and mortality case reviews
- Participate in case management including attending technical working groups, zonal and national learning sessions
Qualifications and Experience
MD, or Nurse with more than 3 years of experience working in HIV, TB and AYFHS related programming, managing and or supporting implementation of programs with a focus on PMTCT/EID
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 3 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of HIV/AIDS programming, including supervision and reporting. Experience in PMTCT/EID is an added advantage
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal successfully with existing stakeholders, team members, potential partners, and government officials
- Experience in clinical management of pregnant and or breastfeeding women with HIV/AIDS and TB
- Experience in project management
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates can use the provided online link for submission of applications.
For More Medical Doctors Jobs Click Here