Laboratory technician at Institute of Community Development (TICD) is a result of upgrading the former Community Development Training Institute (CDTI – Tengeru) into a full-fledged autonomous Institute.
TICD is established by the Tengeru Institute of Community Development (Establishment) Order, 2013 as a body corporate.
The Institute was established to serve as a practical-oriented professional Centre for demand-driven training, research, advisory, and consultancy services in the fields of Community Development, Gender and Development, and Participatory Project Planning.
|Job Title||Laboratory Technician II|
|Employer||Tengeru Institute of Community Development (TICD)|
|Deadline||September 9, 2023|
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform basic laboratory investigations;
- To prepare reagents under close supervision;
- To maintain general cleanliness of laboratory glassware and equipment;
- To collect venous blood from patients and preserve specimens;
- To keep records of laboratory investigations carried out in the register; and
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Health Laboratory Certificate or equivalent qualification. Computer skills will be an added advantage from a recognized institution.
Renumeration: PMGSS 3
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years except for those who are in Public Service;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail, and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal.
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer.
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action;
How to Apply
Interested laboratory technician shoud write a signed application letter either in Swahili or English and Addressed to:
Presidents Office, and Public Service Recruitment Secretariat.
P.O. Box 2320,
Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
Submit your application online on Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (Ajira Portal) via link below
Deadline for application is 9th September 2023;
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for an interview and;