/ Medical officers jobs / Medical officer in charge / UMATI jobs / Wataalamu wa Afya / Ajira za Afya / UMATI Tanzania /
UMATI, a National NGO in Tanzania, is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Medical Officer In-charge.
UMATI works in collaboration with government ministries and agencies to provide Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information, and services in Tanzania.
The organization has a history of pioneering SRH programs and operates clinics in several locations across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Medical Officer In-charge will be responsible for
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the clinic in Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
- They will develop and coordinate the implementation of clinic plans, strategies, and programs, ensuring compliance with organizational policies, legislation, and professional standards.
- The role involves providing quality reproductive health and family planning services, conducting medical examinations, offering treatment and referral when necessary, and maintaining client confidentiality and safety.
- Promoting the effective and efficient delivery of healthcare services, developing comprehensive service packages, ensuring adherence to clinical protocols and standards, keeping accurate records and providing reports, staying updated with medical developments, and utilizing the clinic’s information and communications technology systems.
- The officer will also oversee the clinic’s operations, ensure compliance with healthcare regulations and safety standards, and manage the clinic’s resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the position should hold a bachelor’s degree in Medicine from a recognized institution,
- Possess a valid practicing license, and have at least three years of relevant work experience.
- A Master of Public Health (MPH) degree is an added advantage. Knowledge of primary health care, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and communicable diseases is required, along with familiarity with medicines, hygiene protocols, and infection prevention and control measures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- They should be able to analyze problems and make recommendations, demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills for patient care and public interaction, and ensure compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Other desired skills include customer care, procurement, supervision, decision-making, and effective communication and compassion.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and a detailed CV in a single PDF document to the Executive Director via email below
Submit your application not later than May 31, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and UMATI encourages women and people with disabilities to apply as it is an equal-opportunity employer.
Overall, UMATI is looking for a qualified and experienced Medical Officer In-charge who can effectively manage the clinic, provide quality healthcare services, and contribute to the organization’s mission of promoting sexual and reproductive health in Tanzania.
More Medical Officers Jobs Click here
Follow us Telegram