PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Officer at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
|Job Title||PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Officer|
|Employer||Management and Development for Health (MDH)|
|Industry||Private Sector (NGOs)|
|Deadline||November 10, 2023|
MDH is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing public health priorities in Tanzania.
They work on various health issues, including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child health, Nutrition, Non-Communicable Diseases, and Health System Strengthening.
MDH collaborates with local and global institutions, governmental bodies, and organizations.
The PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Officer is responsible for supporting the PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Advisor in efficient implementation, monitoring, and reporting of PMTCT and EID services in the Ruvuma Region.
This includes HIV prevention, testing, care, and Anti-Retroviral Treatment services for pediatric, adolescent, and youth populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV services under the USAID Afya Yangu Southern program.
- Implement initiatives aligned with program, donor, and national priorities in accordance with national guidelines.
- Ensure fidelity, adherence to SOPs, and service quality through supervision and data quality assessments.
- Provide technical assistance to regional health authorities and facilities in planning, implementation, and monitoring of PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV programs.
- Support timely data collection and submission, as well as strengthening M&E systems.
- Contribute to the development of technical program documents.
- Advise on PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV issues and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree/Advance Diploma in Medicine or Degree/Diploma in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in public health programs, including 2 years of experience in PMTCT/Pediatric HIV programs at the regional level.
- Experience in PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
- Proficiency in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI, and Operational research in the PMTCT/Pediatric HIV program.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel to implementation districts at least 80% of the time.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, kindly follow the instructions provided below with care:
To apply for this job, register or log in to MDH’s recruitment portal, and click on the “Search Vacancies” button from the Dashboard. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Submit your application before 10th November 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- MDH does not have agents and does not charge any fees to candidates.