TNMC Licence Examination Past Papers
The Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council, established under the Nursing and Midwifery Act, 2010, is a regulatory authority dedicated to upholding the standards and safety of nursing and midwifery services in Tanzania.
Our key functions include maintaining and updating the Register and Roll of nurses and midwives, prescribing proficiency standards for registration, issuing, renewing, replacing, and canceling practicing licenses, conducting licensing examinations, granting licenses for private nursing and midwifery services, setting education standards, and evaluating the quality of education.
- Excellence: We pursue the highest standards in nursing and midwifery services, actively seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Diligence: We wholeheartedly dedicate ourselves to our roles and responsibilities.
- Accountability: We are accountable to both nurses and midwives and the public.
- Openness and Transparency: We strive to be open and transparent in fulfilling our duties.
- Honest and Ethical: We conduct ourselves with honesty, openness, and fairness.
- Partnership: We seek and develop partnerships with organizations, communities, and individuals sharing our objectives to maximize service provision.
To achieve excellence in the nursing and midwifery professions, delivering high-quality care, promoting a positive image, and satisfying the health needs of Tanzanians.
To be a strong and effective Nursing and Midwifery Council, ensuring public protection through the provision of quality care, advocating for the professions, and effectively regulating nursing and midwifery practices.
The Nurses’ Council has reached a decision to introduce examinations for nurses and midwives at all levels to ensure they acquire proficiency.
These exams have been conducted for several years now, and thus, Jerasp has decided to provide past papers from previous years as we obtain them.
Download past papers below.