| Laboratory Technologist Opportunities | Clinical Officers Opportunities | Assistant Nursing Officers Opportunities | Nurse Attendant Opportunities |
Job Title: HIV Test Counsellor (6 Positions)
Reports To: Medical Officer in charge of the facility.
Location: Health facility within Ushetu DC
Work Station: CTC/PMTCT Clinic/Lab & OPD
Employment Type: Full time
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under the Non-Governmental Organization Act No. 24 of 2002 in 2011.
THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), and Ministry of Health (MOH) in Zanzibar with the goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians.
This is achieved through the strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services, including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, prevention of GBV, reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services, laboratory, and health management information systems (HMIS).
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS), in collaboration with Usheu District Council through the Afya Hatua – Care and Treatment project, is currently seeking highly experienced, committed, and motivated Tanzanians to fill the following positions for a 3-month period with possibilities of a 1-year extension depending on donor funds and project priorities:
To ensure implementation and reporting of high-quality HIV services in the facility in accordance with Facility, District, Regional, Government, and PEPFAR guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide unbiased information on HIV testing to clients and explain the testing process in a simple way.
- Conduct testing, pre- and post-testing counseling for all eligible and consenting clients.
- Link clients testing positive with care and treatment services through linkage case management.
- Collaborate with the CTC team to facilitate early ART initiation and initiate clients on ART within OPD settings.
- Support clients in the early stages of their care, providing education and advocacy assistance.
- Enroll all new HIV positive clients in the linkage case management, except those who do not consent.
- Offer index-testing services to clients newly initiated on ART, RTT, and clients with high viral load.
- Ensure newly identified clients remain in care for at least 45-60 days.
- Provide accurate information on living with HIV, preventing transmission, and available services.
- Document HIV testing activities accurately and maintain clients’ records confidentially.
- Provide health education on HIV, AIDS, and STDs to clients and their sexual contacts.
- Maintain a list of certifications of Rapid HIV Test kits supplied at the testing point.
- Ensure all pregnant and breastfeeding mothers attending the facility are tested for HIV.
- Test all biological children exposed during PMTCT-EID within 30 days.
- Submit daily and weekly statistical reports as required by the program.
- Ensure accuracy of HIV testing data and timely data collection and submission.
- Test all HIV-exposed infants according to PMTCT-EID guidelines.
- Initiate eligible clients for PrEP and document according to national guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under strict deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by authorities or employer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in Nursing/Clinical medicine, Certificate/Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, or related disciplines.
- Must be registered with MCT number and TNMC number for Clinical Officers and Nurses, respectively.
- Valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Working knowledge of the DHIS2 reporting platform.
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment programs will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with clients in a simple and respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct sensitive and empathetic interviews and conversations while respecting clients’ dignity and diversity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their Application Letter, Academic Certificate, and detailed CV as one document.
The CV should not be more than four pages and can be submitted through email or by hand directly to Ushetu DC Nyamilangano.[ad1]
Any application that fails to follow the application instructions will not be taken into consideration.
Your Application Letter must be supported by academic certificates, professional certificates, curriculum vitae, and a valid professional license (MTC/TNMC).
To be easily traced, you are advised to write the subject of your application email as shown below, depending on the position you are applying for. For example: “Job Application – HIV CLINICAL TESTER POSITION”
Applications should be directed to the following address:
The District Executive Director
P.O BOX 50
For More Nurse Attendant Opportunities Click Here
Only a few qualified selected candidates will be invited to the interview. All applications should be directed to the address below no later than June 29, 2023.
Beware of Fraud
These job vacancies are equal opportunity. No payment is required to be favored for the advertised positions. If you are asked to pay anything during the application process, please report it to DED-Ushetu DC or THPS Representatives with details of the fraudulent act and the person(s) involved.
This is an equal opportunity employment; men, women, people living with HIV/AIDS, and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Join our Official Telegram Channel Here
| Laboratory Technologist Opportunities | Clinical Officers Opportunities | ANO Opportunities | Nurse Attendant Opportunities |