/ Research Assistant / Ifakara Health Institute / Ajira za Afya / Ajira za Wataalamu wa Afya / Doctors with Africa CUAMM /
Position: Research assistant
Reporting To: Principal Investigator/ Project Leader
Work station: Shinyanga and Simiyu regions
Apply by: 23 May 2023
Institutes Overview – Doctors with Africa CUAMM
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is a health organisation that implements health projects to help availability of quality healthcare especially to the most vulnerable.
CUAMM focuses on designing health system strengthening projects, with particular attention to the needs of women and children, and tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects.
Through its evidence-based approach, CUAMM works to remove the barriers preventing communities from accessing health services, and to improve the quality of the same services, to achieve accessible, quality and equitable healthcare for everyone.
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health.
Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
CUAMM and Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) seeks a qualified and experienced individual to work as Research Assistant.
The Assistance will join the Improving quality and Use of Newborn Indicators project (IMPULSE), implemented in partnership with IHI, which aims at improving the newborn routine data quality and use in low- and middle- income countries and specifically Africa for Every Newborn to survive and thrive.[ad1]
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undergo in-person training on the data collection tools and data collection platform “Survey CTO”.
- Take part in data collection/fieldworks, including questionnaires and conducting on-site focus group discussions/recruitment/ in-depth interviews, take field notes,
- Support quantitative and qualitative data entry, cleaning, translation, transcription, coding, analysis and summary;
- Communicate with research participants and maintain relationship to facilitate project implementation.
- Ensure all study-related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered daily according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Liaise with local authorities and partners for smooth implementation project activities
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator, study coordinator, study team, and other stakeholders.
- Report writing
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in social science, public health, or related field from recognized institutions. Those who have worked in the health facilities and residing within the project settings will be given priority.
- Experience with Health Management Information System (HMIS) and District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) for collecting Aggregate Information (DHIS2) in the health facilities.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience relevant to research coordination, data management and analysis
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner in English and Swahili languages.
- Experience in electronic data management such as (ODK), REDCap, SurveyCTO etc.
- Ability to travel and work in Shinyanga and/or Simiyu Regions
- Prior work experience on similar research tasks, especially Maternal and Newborns Health (MNH)-related
- Previous experience with international NGOs
- Good qualitative and quantitative research knowledge and skills
- Experience of undertaking or managing fieldwork
- Strong experience of research logistic planning and operation
- Proactive individual with readiness and ability to learn new skills as required by the position
- Good analytical ability and strong interpersonal skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and conduct work with minimal supervision.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per
CUAMM salary scales. The contract will start at the end of the training if the candidate is suitable for the job.
The data collection will last for about one month per each region.
CUAMM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment.
All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Applications
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.[ad1]
All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH ASSISTANT –IMPULSE. e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023.
Inyas Faustine – CUAMM focal person in Simiyu Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, an interview will be held ONLINE on 25th and 26th May 2023.
People living within the regions are highly encouraged to apply.
Follow us Telegram
More Jobs for Various Health Professionals Click Here