| Health Jobs in Tanzania | ICAP Jobs in Tanzania | Healthcare Professionals Jobs in Mwanza | ICAP Jobs in Mwanza |
Job Title: Mobile Pharmacy Provider
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
The Mobile Pharmacy Provider works with the ICAP regional team, health care workers, and community lay workers to conduct differentiated service delivery for HIV care and treatment by supporting comprehensive CTC services and HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in community settings per national guidelines and SOPs.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Enroll stable clients into the Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) model, verifying criteria and providing education to clients on outreach modalities.
- Identify fixed community locations for PrEP and ART refill for eligible clients in collaboration with R/CHMT, healthcare workers, and peer volunteers.
- Register all clients in ART/PrEP outreach registers and ensure information is captured in health facility records.
- Develop a monthly calendar showing the exact date, time, and location (fixed point) for ART/PrEP refill.
- Retrieve and review all files for community refill prior to the event.
- Submit pharmacy supply requisition prior to the event.
- Ensure all other logistics are in place, including transport (Bajaji), registers, and forms, utilizing checklists.
- Support comprehensive clinical services for ART/PrEP as per national care and treatment guidelines.
- Review client eligibility for ART/PrEP refill on each encounter.
- Update all registers and forms and submit them to the respective department for update in the database.
- Assist with monitoring program performance and timely and accurate submission of activity reports and suggest adjustments as needed to the implementation plan.
- Return all remaining medicines to the pharmacy to update pharmacy inventory.
- Follow up with clients to remind them of their refill schedule in collaboration with peer volunteers.
- Complete index elicitation and set appointments for index testing for eligible and willing clients.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Medically trained personnel (nurse, Clinical Officer, MD, MBBS, or equivalent) who have current certification, qualifications, and training on the provision of HIV care and treatment services.
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in the provision of HIV care and treatment services in a facility or community setting.
- Required Other Experience: Must be able to drive and hold a valid, current national driving license for category B/D (four passenger vehicle) in Tanzania.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent computer skills, at a minimum, with Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and the sensitive information contained in data sources.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking here[ad1]
More ICAP Jobs Click Here
The deadline for this job is 13th June 2023
| Health Jobs in Tanzania | ICAP Jobs in Tanzania |
| Healthcare Professionals Jobs in Mwanza | ICAP Jobs in Mwanza |
Follo Our Official Telegram Channel Here