Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
|Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
|Private Sector (NGOs)
|September 14, 2023
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Desired: Experience as nurse aid, or similar
- Must be Registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC) with Valid License to Practice
- Essential: Swahili. Kirundi, French, and English are a plus.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Maintain a calm, helpful demeanor and respect interactions with staff, patients, and patients’ families.
- Work in a professional manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment.
- Integrity and calmness.
- High commitment to MSF Principles.
Objectives of the Position
Assisting in the nursing activities with hospitalized patients, according to nurses and doctors’ prescription, universal hygiene standards and MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients.
Dities and Responsibilities
- Assisting the nurse in organizing and providing care and treatments to patients, respecting at all times, the rules of hygiene, safety, comfort, dignity, medical secret and patient confidentiality. Giving a response to nurse’s requirements in case of an emergency.
- Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting to the nurse any relevant information. Compensating patients’ possible lack of autonomy by assisting and helping them in feeding, personal hygiene, movements, and general comfort.
- Participating in the monitoring of nursing activities (correctly fill in patient files, etc.) and ensuring a relevant transfer of information between duty teams. Reporting any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
- Ensuring cleanliness of his/her working environment (including facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and disposal of waste).
- Working together with the nurses, cleaners, and caretakers.
- Participating actively in the hospital platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and in the basic health education sessions.
- Participating in any other related activities as requested by the line manager.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- The OPD and Triage nurse Aid must triage all patients in accordance with IITT and implement emergency treatment measures as per MSF protocols.
- In quality care aspect, dating venous caterers, nasogastric tubes, and the open infusions bag.
- Ensure vital signs are taken at the respected times and at times of deterioration and report and act any abnormalities.
- Register as soon as possible the consumption of drugs in the tally sheet. And report rupture or deterioration on materials.
- Respect Infection Control and Prevention procedures.
- Patients who receive feedings via NGT are given and monitored well.
- Others task related to patients’ management despite the department.
How to Apply
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV, and copy of relevant professional certificates to the following E-mail[ad1]
Please quote the job title on the email subject “NURSE AID”. Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
The applications can also be sent to
Or submitted at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Interested applicants shall submit their application not later than 14th of September 2023 at 4:00 pm.