Apart from providing education opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Türkiye offers scholarships to international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Türkiye.
Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
What is unique about Türkiye Scholarships?
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Programs and Levels of Study
Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATİP have different application periods and are announced regularly on our website and social media channels
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with a first division;
- Have a Diploma with a GPA of not less than 3.5 in related fields;
- Hold a Bachelor of Art/ Bachelor of Science degree with at least upper second class division level (Masters applicants);
- Hold a Master’s degree (PhD applicants);
- Must be less than 21 years old (undergraduate applicants), for masters the applicant must be under the age of 30, and for PhD applicants must be less than 35 years old.
This scholarship is a full scholarship. It covers the following; tuition fee, monthly
stipend, travel expenses (once-off flight ticket), accommodation, health insurance, and one year Turkish language course. Other costs such as visa are covered by the
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages.
Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if university officially stated acceptable).
Most of these programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Türkiye Scholarships applications for 2024 will be received in one period, and applications will be open between 10th January- 20th February 2024 for international students from all countries.