Vacancy Announcement: Health Volunteer – Medical Doctor at CCBRT (Ref: 2023-26)
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is committed to being Africa’s leading provider of accessible specialized health services.
As a healthcare social enterprise, we serve the community and the most vulnerable, focusing on empowering individuals with disabilities and improving their quality of life.
Our services also include maternal and newborn healthcare, including obstetric fistula repairs.
Our Maternity and Newborn Wing serves as a referral center for high-risk and emergency deliveries in the Dar es Salaam region and Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
|Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
|Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
|September 22, 2023
We are seeking a dynamic Medical Doctor to volunteer and provide general practitioner services to support the prevention and early detection of disabilities.
FAST APPLY BELOW[ad1]
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining and treating patients in both outpatient and inpatient departments, running scheduled clinics, screening patients, admitting patients to the ward, preparing operation lists, and updating Senior Medical Doctors/Specialists on patients’ conditions.
- While most of your work will be in these departments, you’ll also have opportunities to perform minor surgical procedures, assist senior surgeons during major operations, and participate in outreach activities.
- Expect to work in shifts, including on-call duties, which may require night shifts and weekends.
- This role offers valuable on-the-job learning experiences.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Doctor of Medicine (MD) from a recognized institution with successful completion of a one-year internship (minimal GPA of 2.7 at undergraduate level).
- 1 year of post-intern working experience with a reputable organization.
- Registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council as a medical doctor.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Swahili.
- Team-player with a client-focused approach.
- Pro-active attitude and eagerness to work.
How to Apply
Become a medical doctor at CCBRT, if you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.[ad1]
Please send your application via email to: email@example.com. Written assessments are part of the selection process. Please indicate the job reference number: 2023-26.
The deadline for this job is September 22, 2023 (Note: The selection process is ongoing, and assessments may begin upon receiving suitable applications).
Important Note: CCBRT does not request or accept money from applicants as part of its recruitment process.