The mission of DCMC Trust is to provide accessible and sustainable quality health care through a Tanzanian comprehensive health system which encompasses community-based prevention and primary, secondary and selected specialized and super-specialized care.
DCMC Hospital is a Christian Health Ministry owned by the Registered Trustees of Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust (DCMCT) located at Imagi Hill, Ntyuka Dodoma. Since its establishment it has served thousands of patients as a multispecialty hospital offering quality health care for the people of Central Tanzania and in collaboration with other stake holders and in line with the Government policies.
DCMC Trust is an equal opportunity employer offering stable and professional working environment with competitive remuneration and benefits.
DCMC Hospital invites qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant positions:
Carrying out laboratory examination of samples and recording the results under the supervision of a senior laboratory Technologist and inspecting, storing laboratory reagents, equipment and chemicals used in laboratory tests and examinations
Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive, extract and record samples for laboratory examinations;
- To prepare laboratory equipment and chemicals for laboratory tests and examinations;
- To inspect and store laboratory reagents, equipment and chemicals used in laboratory tests and examinations;
- To keep and maintain laboratory records;
- To maintain the list of laboratory equipment in the unit;
- To carry out laboratory examination of samples and record the results under the supervision of a senior laboratory Technologist;
- To prepare re-agents for routine examination of patients
- To carry out diagnostic procedures as advised by doctors
- To ensure that all laboratory equipment is in working order and report any malfunction to the concerned authorities;
- To ensure that the laboratory is kept clean and the glassware is available and clean;
- To ensure that all samples for investigations are kept in safe custody;
- To maintain a record of the findings of all investigations carried out; and
- To Perform any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Diploma in in Health Laboratory from any recognized Institution
- Must be registered with by the Health Laboratory Practitioners Council as Laboratory Technologist
- Valid practicing license is required
- Basic knowledge in computer studies
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is required
General Conditions for All Applicants
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address, and reachable telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this advertisement.
- The title of the position applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter/email and marked on the envelope
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates/ transcripts as follows:
- Postgraduate Degree, First Degree/Advanced Diploma, Diploma/Certificates.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificates where applicable.
- Professional Certificates/Licenses from respective boards where applicable.
- One recent passport size picture and copy of birth certificate.
- Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable work-related referees with their reliable contacts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of the interview
How to Apply
Application letters should be POSTED or HAND DELIVERED to the Following address
DCMC Hospital Imagi Hill, Ntyuka
P O Box 658
Those using e-mail should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is Febtuary 15, 2024, 04.00 p.m.