|Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
|November 3, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health.
Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery, and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute seeks a qualified and experienced Clinical Officer.
The individual will be responsible for evaluating, diagnosing, treating and managing patients with HIV or Tuberculosis in the in-and out-patient facilities within St. Francis Referral Hospital (SFRH) in Ifakara, Morogoro region.
Additionally, the Clinical Officer will deliver improved services in collaboration with the hospital, governmental authorities, and health implementing partners.
They will also take on the role of supervising and training younger colleagues in diagnostic processes and the management of patients.
Furthermore, the Officer will also collaborate within the existing research platform of the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO) and also have the opportunity to develop their own research agenda and research project(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat PLHIV and/or Tuberculosis according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and TB, Standard Treatment Guidelines, and Local guidelines.
- Supervise and train younger Medical Doctors and Clinical Officers in the diagnosis and management of patients with HIV and/or tuberculosis.
- Diagnose and treat opportunistic infections (OI) and/or referral to appropriate departments.
- Maintain proper patient documentation, filling out case report forms (CRF) including CTC ½.
- Conduct consultation and ward rounds to PLHIV admitted to different departments at SFRH.
- Work in full agreement with the job descriptions; CDCI, Hospital, and government (MOH) regulations.
- Provide health education and adherence counseling to PLHIV and clients attending CDCI.
- Attend all compulsory meetings such as every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at CDCI and Friday from 07.30 AM to 9.00 AM at the SFRH clinical hall.
- Attend scientific meetings at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI).Contribute to planning, coordination, and performance of research activities/studies organized by IHI and other partners.
- Perform any additional task by the Project Leader and/or site Director of IHI and/or Director of SFDRH when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Medicine.
- Must be registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika (or application should be in progress).
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages.
- Have an interest in TB/HIV.
- High motivation for research activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with junior and senior professionals.
- Interested in the training of younger staff.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Be result-oriented.
- Professional attitude to work and clear work ethic.
- Experience with formulation-Medicines and vaccine procedures.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Integrity, Initiative, Equity, Excellence, Accountability).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary package.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Before you submit your application, we kindly request that you download the PDF file below, which contains essential information to help you secure this job opportunity.[ad1]
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers, and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: CLINICAL OFFICER – CDCI Ifakara. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday, November 3rd, 2023.